Because ideas are meant to be shared.
I am passionate about art telling a story. I enjoy finding creative solutions to unique problems, or our day-to-day problems. For me, making illustrations, animations, apps, or infographics is about creating a visual story that effectively communicates key concepts.
Digital Art Director/ 3D Medical Animator – 2012 to Present
• Creates and animates detailed, medically accurate high and low-res 3D models, textures, lighting, and storyboards of surgeries and conditions involving human anatomy which are designed to improve training, communication and the interpretation of medical information for both patients and sales and marketing
• Works directly with clients in a deadline-driven environment
• Leads the concept and 3D creation for animated content used in both traditional timeline and interactive applications
Freelance Illustrator and Animator – 2005 to Present
• Create and animate illustrations, medical illustrations, animations and animated installations for clients on an as needed basis
• Clients include Bayer Healthcare, Nature Publishing Group, Bill Rompilla Photography, and Quest Diagnostics
Senior Motion Graphics Designer — Bristol Myers Squibb- 2012
• Created several 3D animations in a team environment for in house pharmaceutical clients
• Worked on various 3D and motion graphics projects ranging from project conception and storyboarding to final compositing
3D Artist — Bryan Christie Design, LLC. – 2010 to 2012
• Created 3D illustrations and animations in a highly collaborative environment for editorial and pharmaceutical clients.
• Clients include National Geographic, Men’s Health, the Atlantic, Scientific American, the New York Times, Bicycle Mag, Compendium, IEEE, Car and Driver, Newsweek, Tech Review, Vivobarefoot, and Wired magazine
Click here for samples.
Scientific Illustrator — Nature Publishing Group – 2010
• Communicated directly with authors to create figures for scientific and educational articles on ecology
• Suggested and visually directed new figures as needed to clarify information in Nature Education’s Scitable, a free science library and personal learning tool for students worldwide
• Illustrated 150 articles during a 15 week period, articles required anything from charts to full infographic figures
Medical Animator — Human Visualization Project – 2008-2009
• Created 3D visualizations of the body on a gross and microscopic level
• Concentration on the structure and function of normal spleen anatomy intended as teaching references for college- level anatomy and physiology students
Intern — Biodigital Systems – 2008
• Intern to the animation team
• Worked on various projects contributing from project conception and storyboarding to final compositing
• Helped create 20 animations over a 10-week period for the Discovery Channel’s Mystery Diagnosis
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Master of Fine Arts in Computer Art Bachelor of Fine Arts in Medical Illustration
May 2012 May 2009- High Honors
Association of Medical Illustrators, Certified Medical Illustrator